Friday, December 9, 2011

The Ro Show is changing networks...

We have been thinking about homeschooling our three children for a few months now. I have met with other homeschool families and talked to other moms about why and how. I have read books about homeschooling. I have researched Georgia state's laws regarding homeschool. My husband Rob and I have prayed. We have asked our Father in Heaven for answers.

Have you ever thought about homeschooling your children? It is a tough decision that I am sure no family takes lightly. Education is something that we hold in high regard.

Why is it such a hard decision? First off, I have "freedom" right now. This year was my first year with all three kids in school. I have not worked this year. It has been an amazing experience. I have kept a clean house. I have fed my family. I have managed to do the errands without even a hiccup. My husband and I have a better relationship than we've ever had. It just keeps getting better everyday. I am truly happy. Why would I want to compromise all of those blessings?

FOR MY CHILDREN.

By deciding to homeschool, I will definitely have my world turned upside-down. I will no longer be able to run errands without three kids in tow. I will no longer be able to catch a matinee by myself. I will no longer have my lunch dates with my husband on Fridays. I won't be free to do whatever I want, whenever I choose.

I've always said that my children come first. Since I began reading literature about homeschooling I have felt peace. I have felt security in ways I never dreamt of. By choosing to teach my children in our home, I know they will be in a place where the Spirit dwells. I know they will be learning character-building traits that they will carry with them throughout their lives. They will learn about our Constitution. They will learn about the Founding Fathers. They will learn about.... [gasp...] God. They will study scripture. They will not just "move on" in a subject when they don't understand their current lesson. They will actually be able to spend some time to LEARN it.

My dream is to raise children who are of course intellectual, but more importantly, GOOD CHRISTIAN PEOPLE. I want my children to understand that I am willing to sacrifice whatever freedom I have right now for their long-term well-being. It is a sacrifice, but one that I know will pay off for my kids in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment