Friday, December 16, 2011

Last Few Days of Public School

So, yesterday was Taesun's class party. I was in charge of it since I have been "room mom" this year alongside a friend of mine. While the party was shaping up, I learned Taesun didn't feel that great. He looked sick. I asked him if he wanted to stay for the party and then skidaddle a bit early... He agreed and we had a plan. Party... then home.

WELL...... As I was calling out Bingo pictures for the kids, I looked over and noticed that Tae's head was down on his table. Hmmm. I asked him if he was feeling alright. He said no. "Why don't we go home then?" He started to head towards his backpack as I was scrambling to find another parent to fill in for me at Bingo.

All of a sudden... BLEH!!! All over the classroom floor.... in front of parents, children, teachers, and me. Quickly we took him over to the sink area where he puked into a garbage can two more times. Poor Tae. We gathered up his belongings and speed-walked to the front office to check him out.

As I was at a church function tonight, Taesun's teacher called. She said for Tae to come to school anyway since it would be his last day at public school. She also wants me there. (I'm assuming she has a 'thank you' gift for being room mom.)

I have been having a hard time with pulling them out of school. This makes it harder. Tae has a teacher who truly cares. We have become friends over the last six months. It will be sad to not have her as his teacher anymore. I still know that we are doing the right thing, but that doesn't make the right thing any easier to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment