Sunday, January 15, 2012

What a difference a week can bring...

So second week has come and gone at our home. Schooling was definitely tougher this week. We had "tween" drama, middle-child syndrome, five-yr-old meltdowns, and too many repairmen coming and going for mama to deal with. What a week!! On the upside- we covered parts of a cell in science; Egyptians and Sumerians and their writings in History; another unit in math and spelling; book reports began on Monday and due on the following Monday; and we even worked on how to tie our shoes with little man.

Lots of ground was covered. Lots of tears were spilt. (Confession time: even mine.) By Thursday evening, I was ready to pull my hair out. I was OVER homeschooling. Tired of all the frustrations of teaching my children, finding a piano teacher, living life with no home phone or internet most of the week, and just plain recuperating from surgery two short weeks ago, left me with only a twinge of hope concerning lesson plans for next week.

Then on Friday around noon, Rob (who was working from home that day,) decided that we could go out to eat for lunch. Off to Five Guys we went. And then it happened... I saw the kids' school that they were attending less than a month ago. There were lots of cars in the parking lot. My kids looked out the window and then....



LAUGHED. Ha Ha Ha!! Look at those poor kids stuck in school while we are spending quality time together as a family. We were done with school for the week and they were stuck within those four walls, attempting to learn for another 3 1/2 hours. We all had a good chuckle and then I realized that I LOVE HOMESCHOOL and the flexibility it brings to my family.

What a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment